L'pollen allergyalso known as "seasonal allergic rhinitis". or "hay feveris a common ailment that affects millions of people every year, causing symptoms such as sneezingsneezing itching and a nasal congestion.
Find out more in this article our selection of the best natural remedies to effectively manage pollen allergy !
Why opt for a natural treatment to relieve pollen allergies?
Conventional treatment of pollen allergy relies mainly on medication anti-allergyincluding antihistaminesantihistamines decongestants and corticoids.
Although these medications are generally effective in managing allergic symptoms, they can cause a number of adverse effects:
- Antihistamines: can cause side effects such as drowsiness, dry mouth, headaches, nausea, constipation and dizziness. Some antihistamines can even cause blurred vision, rapid or irregular heartbeats and mental confusion.
- Decongestants: may cause nervousness, insomnia, dry mouth, headaches, increased blood pressure, urine retention, tremors, restlessness and palpitations.
- Corticosteroids: can cause immune system disruption, skin thinning, cataracts, blood sugar imbalance, water retention and weight gain.
As a result, more and more people with pollen allergy preferring natural treatments that are better tolerated by the body and just as effective!
What are the different types of pollen and how do they affect the human body?
There are three main types of pollen that can cause allergies in sensitive people :
- The tree pollen such as birch, alder, cedar, oak, ash, maple and hazelnut.
- The grass pollen such as ragweed, quackgrass, timothy, ryegrass and bluegrass.
- The weed pollen such as ragweed, daisy and pellitory.
When these types of pollen are inhaled, the immune system some people's immune systems consider pollen to be a foreign threat and overreact to it in an inappropriate way, resulting in a "allergic reaction with the release of all kinds of pro-inflammatory substances, notably histamine (hence the use of antihistamines for seasonal allergies).
What are the symptoms of pollen allergies?
The symptoms of hay fever are the result of an excessive immune response to a harmless substance in the form of pollen. They can vary from one person to another, depending on the degree of allergy, the type of pollen amount of pollen in the air (very high in spring and summer)...
Here are some of the symptoms of pollen allergy:
- Runny nose ;
- Itchy, irritated eyes;
- Tearing ;
- Tingling throat ;
- Repeated sneezing;
- Itchy skin;
- Dry cough.
In severe cases, pollen allergy can lead to serious symptoms, including breathing difficultiesrespiratory wheezing and chest pain.
Practical guide: our trio of natural solutions to combat pollen allergies
To effectively combat pollen allergies, it is recommended to start treatment before the pollen season beginsa few weeks (usually 1-2 months) before spring or summer.
Starting treatment early allows the organism to familiarize itself with the treatment and to adapt to it. prepare the immune system to tolerate allergens (pollens).
Here are some of the best natural remedies for seasonal allergies that make up our winning trio:
A probiotic: specific to limit contamination through the intestine
The probiotics are beneficial micro-organisms that help strengthen the immune system and maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora.
According to research, probiotics are also believed to have a beneficial effect on pollen allergies.
In fact, probiotics, in particular certain bacterial strains such as the Bacillus clausii andClostridium butyricumcan help reduce inflammation in the body by regulating the immune system, including the respiratory and digestive tracts.
Our dietary supplement Clasporinrich in Bacillus clausii and Claustridium butyricumcan help reduce excessive immune response in case of pollen allergy by regulating the production of certain pro-inflammatory substances (cytokines) and other compounds involved in the allergic response.
It is also effective in reducing susceptibility to seasonal allergies preventing allergens (pollens) from entering the bodyin particular by strengthening the intestinal barrier and respiratory barrier.
Quercetin: a powerful natural antihistamine to relieve hay fever symptoms
The quercetin is a flavonoid found in many fruits, vegetables and herbs. It is an antioxidant with powerful anti-inflammatory properties and antihistamines.
As part of a pollen allergya treatment based on quercetin can help reduce symptoms by blocking histamine releasea chemical substance produced by the immune system in response to an allergen (in this case pollen).
In fact, it is histamine which is largely responsible for the various allergy symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes and coughing. By blocking histamine releasethe quercetin helps allergy sufferers to combat these unpleasant symptoms naturally.
In addition to helping alleviate symptoms by reducing the release of histamine, regular intake of Istanat contributes to maintaining a healthy immune system thanks to its high vitamin C and magnesium (two important immune-boosting nutrients).
Allergies Printanières" hydrosol: to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
Allergies printanières" hydrosol is a blend specially designed to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies. It is composed of blue chamomile, Roman chamomile and fine lavender hydrosols, which work in synergy to provide effective relief.
Blue chamomile hydrosol has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, while Roman chamomile hydrosol has antihistaminic and antispasmodic effects. Fine lavender hydrosol soothes and relaxes the nervous system. Together, these three hydrosols help reduce inflammation, block histamine release and calm the respiratory tract.
- Children under 6 years: 1 teaspoon daily of the hydrosol blend diluted in a glass of water.
- Children over 6: 1 teaspoon twice a day of the hydrolats blend diluted in a glass of water.
- Dosage for an adult: 2 tablespoons a day of the hydrolats blend diluted in a liter of water or 3 x 1 teaspoon a day of the hydrolats blend diluted in a glass of water.
For children and people unable to use essential oils, "spring allergies" hydrosol is a gentle, effective alternative for relieving pollen allergy symptoms.
L'pollen allergy is a common ailment that recurs every year during the pollen seasons. There are a number of ways to manage its symptoms natural solutions that have proven their effectiveness. Among these, discover ourwinning trio :
- Probiotics : Clasporinwith its two probiotic strains, is an effective remedy for hay fever thanks to its beneficial action on the respiratory and digestive walls (reinforcement and permeabilization of mucous barriers).
- Quercetin: Istanat provides the optimal daily amount of quercetin to effectively combat pollen allergy, thanks to its triple antihistaminic, anti-inflammatory and immunoregulatory action.
- Spring allergy" hydrolate:this hydrolat offers a gentle, effective solution to seasonal allergies.
In all cases, when faced with a pollen allergy or any other allergic pathology, it is recommended to consult a health professional before considering therapeutic alternatives.