Le coffee is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world. But did you know that coffeecoffee, before it's roasted, has a special surprising array of benefits health benefits? This is what we call "green coffee.
The growing trend towards natural products has highlighted green coffee as an excellent "superfood" that cannot be ignoredrich in antioxidants and chlorogenic acids, and offering numerous potential health benefits, particularly weight loss.
Find out in this article why you might want to think twice about roasting these precious grains rather than eating them au naturel!
What is green coffee?
Visit green coffee simply refers to coffee beans before they are roasted. All coffee beans are initially green when harvested from the coffee tree in their natural state. This is the process of roasting that gives them their famous color dark brown and develops aroma that we usually associate with coffee.
Green coffee has several distinct characteristics compared to the roasted coffee we consume every day:
- Chemical composition: Green coffee contains higher levels of chlorogenic acid, a powerful antioxidant. This acid can be broken down during roasting, which reduces its concentration in roasted coffee.
- Taste: Green coffee tastes different from roasted coffee, grassier and less acidic.
- Use: Green coffee is generally consumed as an extract, used in dietary supplements or beverages, rather than as a brewed beverage like traditional coffee.
- Health benefits: Numerous studies suggest that green coffee may offer a variety of health benefits, including weight management, blood sugar control and antioxidant action.
What are the health benefits of green coffee?
The consumption oforganic green coffeecoffee, a true ally of health and well-being, has numerous benefits for the body. Unroasted coffee is particularly rich in caffeine, cafestol, chlorogenic acid or kahweolcompounds with multiple virtues.
Antioxidant armour: How green coffee protects against oxidative stress
Each of your days is marked by a exposure to environmental factorsThese include exposure to environmental factors, toxins, a sometimes unbalanced diet or the simple act of breathing! These elements introduce into your body what we call free radicals. These unstable molecules, in excess, can damage your cells in a process called oxidative stress.
Think of it as a small, invisible army attacking your cells, accelerating the process of oxidative stress. aging and increasing the risk of all kinds of diseases. This is where green coffee comes in to save you!
Visit coffee beans contain natural compounds called antioxidants. These are, in a way, your body's superheroes. They neutralize the invisible army of free radicals and prevent them from causing damage.
Antioxidants include, chlorogenic acidwidely present in green coffeeis one of the most powerful , .
When you drink a cup of green coffeeyou enrich your body with these protectors, strengthening your natural defences. It's a bit like putting on armour to protect your inner fortress from external assaults.
So, if you're looking to give your body extra protection against everyday aggressions, consider incorporating green coffee into your routine. It's a simple choice, but one that could have a profound impact on your overall well-being!
Green coffee for weight loss: everything you need to know!
You may have heard of green coffee as a potential ally for weight lossBut what is it really? How can it help you in your quest to lose weight? slimmer figure and optimal health? Hold on to your hats, because we're going to tell you all about it!
First of all, it's crucial to understand that green coffee is not a miracle cure. It is, however, it does contain natural compounds that can significantly promote weight loss.
Chlorogenic acidpresent in abundance in green coffeeplays an essential role here. How can it help? By influencing the way your body processes sugars and improving your metabolism.
For you, this means better management of blood sugar peaks after a mealwhich can reduce the urge to snack(stabilizing blood sugar levels).
In addition, one study suggested that chlorogenic acid may increase fat burningwhich means that you burn more calories even at rest ,  !
But that's not all. Green coffee can also help you feel fuller. In other words, it can help you feel full faster, which in turn reduces your calorie intake.
Last but not least caffeine! Although present in smaller quantities than in roasted coffee, it gives you a energy boostboost, making your workouts more effective and dynamic (which goes a long way to helping you shed unwanted pounds).
Let's recap! Green coffee helps you lose weight:
- By improving sugar metabolism;
- By reducing snacking cravings;
- Promotes a feeling of satiety;
- Promotes fat burning;
- energizing physical activity sessions.
Always bear in mind that, for lose weight effectively and sustainablyit's crucial to adopt a balanced diet and regular physical activity.
Energy and vitality: the metabolic boost of green coffee
In the morning, at midday or before physical exertion, many people turn to a cup of coffee for an energy boost. But did you know that green coffeein its unroasted form, could also be an effective source of energy and vitality?
A natural boost to your energy!
As you probably know caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant that can improve mental alertnessalertness concentration and reduce the perception of fatigue(toning virtues).
Even if green coffee contains less caffeine than conventional coffee, but this amount is enough to give you a pleasantstimulating dose of energy every day! Without saturating your body with this substance, which, in excessive doses, can cause numerous side-effects such as increased blood pressure, accelerated heart rate, sleep disorders, nervousness, agitation...
Boost your metabolism
In addition to caffeinegreen coffee is packed withchlorogenic acid. Studies suggest that this antioxidant could influence lipid and carbohydrate metabolismmetabolism, thus promoting more efficient use of energy .
In other words, green coffee can increase your capacity to burn caloriesgiving you a vitality all day long!
Impact on physical performance
Visit combination of caffeine and chlorogenic acid may also play a role in improving sporting performance. It can increase endurance, reduce perception of effort and help mobilize fat as an energy sourceprolonging your training capacity before you reach fatigue.
Glycemic balance: A cup of green coffee to balance blood sugar levels
Visit fluctuations in blood glucose levels are at the root of a wide range of ailments, from fatigue to concentration problems.
In an age when modern diets are often rich in fast carbohydrates, it's essential to find natural ways to regulate these levels. Thegreen coffee could well be that discreet superhero you've been looking for!
Rich in chlorogenic acidacid green coffee beans have demonstrated their ability to influence the way the body processes sugar.
by slowing the absorption of glucose in the gastrointestinal tractthe green coffee can help moderate blood sugar peaks after a mealthus providing more stable and balanced insulin response .
If you're looking for a natural way to help regulate your glucose levels, a cup of green coffee could be a beneficial addition to your daily routine.
But remember glycemic balance is a complex whole, and green coffee is just one piece of the puzzle. A diet diet and a healthy lifestyle remain essential!
Cardiovascular benefits: lower blood pressure thanks to chlorogenic acid in unroasted coffee
The beans of green coffeegreen coffee beans contain chlorogenic acida powerful antioxidant. Studies have suggested that this antioxidant may help to reduce blood pressure by improving endothelial function and relaxing blood vessels .
Anti-inflammatory power: Fight inflammation with unroasted coffee
Inflammation is often at the root of many chronic ailments. Fortunately, nature is full of solutions to combat it, and green coffee is one of them!
Rich in antioxidantsincluding chlorogenic acidand green coffee has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce systemic inflammation.
So, by making this drink part of your routine, you can give your body a boost.additional tool in the fight against excessive inflammation .
Lipid balance: green coffee for harmonious cholesterol levels
Visit high cholesterol is a major concern for many people. Visit green coffee could provide an answer to this problem.
In fact, the bioactive compounds present in unroasted green coffee have demonstrated their ability to modulate blood lipidsthus promoting balance between LDL (bad cholesterol) and HDL (good cholesterol).
Add a cup of green coffee to your diet could be a step towards a healthier you. lipid profile, and therefore a reduction in overall cardiovascular risk!
Liver function: consuming green coffee can have numerous benefits for liver health
Visit liver plays an essential role in the detoxification of our body. Protecting it is therefore essential to our health.
Studies suggest that regular consumption of green coffee may have protective effects on the liver.
In fact antioxidants in green coffee can help reduce the presence of free radicals, thus preventing liver damageand making it easier for the liver to eliminate toxins. All the more reason to consider incorporating green grains into your wellness routine!
Green coffee dosage and recommendations for use
Visit green coffee (Coffea arabica, Coffea canephora), with all its benefits, has aroused growing interest among natural remedy enthusiasts. However, as with any substance, it is essential to consuming green coffee in the right quantity to avoid potential side effects.
Here are a few recommendations on the dosage and use of green coffee:
Available forms :
- Whole-bean green coffee : can be ground at home and brewed like traditional coffee (hot infusion or decoction).
- Green coffee extract : available in capsule, capsule or liquid form, generally standardized for chlorogenic acid content.
Recommended dosage :
- As a beverage: 1 to 2 cups per day is a moderate consumption.
- Green coffee extract (in capsule form): generally, 200 to 400 mg per daybut this may vary according to extract concentration and manufacturer's recommendations.
Directions for use :
- For weight loss: use green coffee 30 minutes before meals.
- To benefit from antioxidants: green coffee can be consumed at any time of the day.
- For energy : avoid drinking green coffee late in the day to avoid sleep disturbance.
- If you are sensitive to caffeinestart with low doses to assess your tolerance.
- Visit pregnant women andsuffering from chronic diseasesshould consult a health professional before adding green coffee to their diet.
- Avoid drinking green coffee at the same time as other foods. medications or supplementsbecause it can interfere with their absorption.
Store green coffee beans in a cool, dry place. cool, dry place, away from light. Once opened, be sure to store products in a cool, dry place. container airtight container for freshness.
Beyond its distinctive aroma and its subtle flavorthe green coffee proves to be a of health benefits and virtues..
From itsproperties antioxidant properties to its regulating effects on metabolismthrough its support for the cardiovascular system and liver systemsthis small unroasted seed has a lot to offer!
Exploring its many virtues, it's easy to see why green coffee has captured the hearts of natural product enthusiasts. Of course, as with everything, moderation is essentialand it's always advisable to include it as part of a balanced diet. healthy lifestyle and balanced lifestyle.
So, whether you're a coffee lover looking for new taste experiences or simply someone in search of well-beingthe green coffee could well be the next step on your way to a healthy optimal health. Give it a chance, and let your body enjoy its benefits. priceless benefits!
- B. Bosquette, "Enzymatic esterification: application to phenolic acids in green coffee".PhD Thesis, Université d'Aix-Marseille 3, 1996.
- C. Bastian, "Extraction, concentration and characterization of polyphenolic compounds from green coffee"., 2006.
- S. O. Dellalibera, B. Lemaire, and S. L. Lafay, "Svetol, a decaffeinated green coffee extract, induces weight loss and increases the ratio of lean mass to fat mass in overweight volunteers.", Phytotherapievol. 4, p. 1-4, 2006.
- A healthy and sustainable way to speed up your metabolism during high-intensity, low-carb and other diets. BoD-Books on Demand, 2019.
- I. Onakpoya, R. Terry, and E. Ernst, "The use of green coffee extract as a weight loss supplement: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised clinical trials.", Gastroenterol. Res. Pract.vol. 2011, p. 382852, 2011, doi: 10.1155/2011/382852.
- R. Benaraba, "Insulin resistance and oxidative stress in metabolic syndrome: an experimental study of the protective effects of nutritional microconstituents (Polyphenols from tea, cinnamon and chromium III)."PhD Thesis, Université Joseph-Fourier-Grenoble I, 2007
- M. Pruijm, G. Wuerzer, V. Forni, and M. Bochud, "Alimentationet hypertension"(the effects of green coffee were discussed), Rev Med Suissevol. 6, pp. 1715-20, 2010.
- W. Gifford-Jones, "Weight management made easy.